- K102 CRISPR ＆ other genome editing technologies
- This product (“Product”) and its use, is the subject of U.S. Patents 8,697,359 and 8,771,945 and pending U.S. Patent applications. The purchase of the Product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use Product(s) purchased from Takara Bio USA, Inc. or its Affiliates, and any progeny, modification or derivative of a Product, or any cell or animal made or modified through use of a Product, or any progeny, modification or derivative of such cell or animal (“Related Material”), solely for research conducted by the buyer in accordance with all of the following requirements. No right is given to use this Product or Related Material for any other purpose, including, but not limited to, use in drugs, in vitro diagnostic purposes, therapeutics, or in humans. The buyer shall not sell or otherwise transfer Products (including without limitation any material that contains a Licensed Product in whole or part) or any Related Material to any other person or entity, or use Products or any Related Material to perform services for the benefit of any other person or entity, (ii) the buyer shall use only the purchased amount of the Products and components of the Products, and shall use any Related Material, only for its internal research and not for (a) the practice, performance or provision of any method, process or service, or (b) the manufacture, sale, use, distribution, disposition or importing of any product, in each case (a) or (b) for consideration, or on any other commercial basis (“Commercial Purpose”), (iii) the buyer shall use Licensed Products and any Related Material in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation applicable human health and animal welfare laws and regulations, and (iv) the buyer shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless MIT, Harvard and The Broad and their current and former trustees, directors, officers, faculty, affiliated investigators, students, employees, and agents and their respective successors, heirs and assigns (“Indemnitees”), against any liability, damage, loss, or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) incurred by or imposed upon any of the Indemnitees in connection with any claims, suits, investigations, actions, demands or judgments arising out of or related to the exercise of any rights granted to the buyer, or any breach of the rights granted hereunder by the buyer.
- L62 iPS cell
- This product is covered by one or more claims of the issued patents and pending patent applications: U.S. Patent Nos. 8,048,999, 8,058,065, 8,129,187, 8,211,697, 8,257,941, 8,278,104, 8,530,238, 8,900,871, 8,927,277, 8,951,801, 9,213,999, 9,404,124, 9,499,797, 9,677,141 and 9,714,433, and foreign counterparts thereof, including their divisions, continuations, extensions, substitutions, and those claiming priority therefrom or those claiming the same priorities therein.
This custom service is provided by Takara Bio Inc. based on a patent license from iPS Academia Japan, Inc. The use of iPSCs produced by this service (hereinafter referred to as the "custom iPSCs") is strictly limited to customer's own internal research. Customer cannot have any right to use the custom iPSCs in humans for any purposes including but not limited to diagnostics and/or therapeutics, or otherwise clinical trials. There is no right to resell or transfer the custom iPSCs to a third party regardless of whether or not compensation is received.
The use of custom iPSCs is not allowed for the purposes of the intended use as described below: 1) Creation of a human clone through transplantation of the custom iPSCs-derived embryos into human or animal individuals, 2) Custom iPSCs transplantation into human embryos, 3) Custom iPSCs transplantation into human fetuses, and 4) Production of human embryos using the custom iPSCs-derived germ cells.
Customers wishing to use the custom iPSCs for purposes other than internal research use should contact us. No express or implied license is granted to the customer. Any use of the custom iPSCs for Commercial Purposes requires a patent license from iPS Academia Japan, Inc. "Commercial Purposes" means at least one of following activities including the use of custom iPSCs: 1) Use for manufacture of related products for sale including but not limited to culture medium or equipment, 2) Use in order to provide a service to a third party (including use of the differentiated cells from the custom iPSCs), 3) Use for screening compounds, antibodies, proteins, peptides and others in developing pharmaceuticals (including diagnostic agents) for human and/or animal use (including use of the differentiated cells from the custom iPSCs)*, and 4) Transfer to a third party (including transfer of the differentiated cells from the custom iPSCs).
*A patent license to use the custom iPSCs and the use of the differentiated cells from the custom iPSCs for screening compounds may also be granted from Takara Bio Inc.
- L69 Differentiated cell from iPS cell
- This product is covered by one or more claims of the issued patents and pending patent applications: U.S. Patent Nos. 8,048,999, 8,058,065, 8,129,187, 8,211,697, 8,257,941, 8,278,104, 8,530,238, 8,900,871, 8,927,277, 8,951,801, 9,213,999, 9,404,124, 9,499,797, 9,677,141, 9,714,433, and 9,938,585 and foreign counterparts thereof, including their divisions, continuations, extensions, substitutions, and those claiming priority therefrom or those claiming the same priorities therein.
This custom service is provided by Takara Bio Inc. and/or its affiliate(s) based on a patent license from iPS Academia Japan, Inc. No express or implied license is granted to the purchaser. "Product" means the customized differentiated cells manufactured and sold by Takara Bio Inc.
"Internal research purpose" means the use of this Product as a tool of internal research for the sole benefit of the purchaser or purchaser's contract research customer, (including screening of compounds, antibodies, proteins, peptides and others in developing pharmaceuticals (including diagnostic agents) for human and/or animal use), provided, however, that the following activities using this Product are strictly prohibited and expressly excluded from Internal research purposes;
With the exemption for academic and non-commercial clinical research done by non-profit institutions;
1) Administration of this Product to humans.
2) Use of this Product for the diagnostic testing, prevention, or treatment of human and/or animal diseases.
3) Use of this Product in studies involving administration to humans for cell therapy, regenerative medicine etc.
Purchaser may use this Product for its own Internal research purposes.
Purchaser shall not use the Products for its commercial purposes.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the purchaser of this Product may provide third parties with contract research services by using this Product only for such third party's Internal research purposes.
- L71 Reprogramming using Sendai technology
- This service is performed by Takara Bio Inc. and/or its affiliate(s) based on a commercial license to certain intellectual property rights held by ID Pharma Co.,Ltd. The deliverables and their use are covered by one or more claims of patents owned by ID Pharma, including PCT/JP2009/062911, PCT/JP2011/069588 and PCT/JP2014/75248 and their foreign counterparts. The purchase of this service conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the deliverables for their intended use, strictly limited to purchaser's own internal research. No other express or implied license is granted to the purchaser. Purchaser cannot have any right to use the deliverables or its components in humans for any purposes including but not limited to diagnostics and/or therapeutics, or otherwise clinical trials. Purchase does not include any right to resell or transfer the deliverables to a third party regardless of whether or not compensation is received. Purchase does not include any right to provide Contract Manufacturing Service with the use of the deliverables to a third party, unless a license is negotiated with ID Pharma Co., Ltd. Purchasers wishing to use the deliverables for purposes other than internal research use should contact us.
- L74 Drug delivery particle
- This product is covered by the claims of U.S. Patent No. 9,610,354 and its foreign counterparts.
- K11 cPPT Element
- This product and its use are the subject to one or more of the following U.S. Pat. 8,093,042 and foreign equivalents. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased amount of the product and com¬ponents of the product in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). The buyer cannot disclose information, sell or otherwise transfer this product, its components or materials made using this product or its components to a third party or otherwise use this product or its components or materials made using this product or its components for any com¬mercial purposes. If the buyer is not willing to accept the limitations of this limited use statement, Takara Bio USA, Inc. is willing to accept return of the product with a full refund. For information on purchasing a license to the DNA-Flap technology for purposes other than research, contact the Transfer of Technology Office, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Docteur Roux, 75 724 Paris Cedex 15 (www.pasteur.fr).
- L80 KEGG Databases
- This service (the “Service”) is performed by Takara Bio Inc. under a KEGG Business License from Pathway Solutions Inc. Purchaser of the Service has a right to access to the data obtained in the KEGG Databases (”KEGG Data”). By placing an order for the Service (the “Order”), Purchaser agrees that it will:
1) Enjoy the non-exclusive and non-transferable right to download, display, reproduce, use, or copy in whole or in part the KEGG Data and data derived or generated directly from any KEGG Data, without possibility to market, sell, distribute or sublicense, solely in regard to KEGG Data to be used in the regular course of the Purchaser’s own internal research or business;
2) Enjoy the right for one (1) year from the date of Order of the Service;
3) Be entitled to incorporate portions of the data provided via the Service into scientific papers that are published and released in the public domain or into public documents minimally required by law for patent applications or compliance purposes;
4) Refrain from challenging or disrupting at any time, during or after the term of this notice, the ownership, intellectual property rights or agency of the Kanehisa Laboratories and of Pathway Solutions Inc.;
5) Have no rights whatsoever to exercise against the Kanehisa Laboratories and Pathway Solutions Inc., whether in regard to warranty, liability or any other matter, any such tight being held by Purchaser solely against Takara Bio Inc.;
6) Be entitled to no support from Pathway Solution Inc., all such support being provided by Takara Bio Inc.; and
7) Understand and acknowledge that: (i) the Service is performed under a KEGG Business License from Pathway Solutions Inc., (ii) Purchaser is required to follow Takara Bio Inc.’s instructions to comply with the terms of the KEGG Business License, and (iii) the right granted to Purchaser herein may be changed or terminated earlier pursuant to changes of the terms of the KEGG Business License.
- K118 CRISPR License from Caribou Biosciences, Inc.
- LIMITED USE LABEL LICENSE: RESEARCH USE ONLY Notice to Purchaser: This product is the subject to a license granted to Takara Bio USA, Inc. and its Affiliates from Caribou Biosciences, Inc., and this product is transferred to the end-user purchaser (“Purchaser”) subject to a “Limited Use Label License” conveying to the Purchaser a limited, non-transferable right to use the product, solely as provided to Purchaser, together with (i) progeny or derivatives of the product generated by the Purchaser (including but not limited to cells), and (ii) biological material extracted or derived from the product or its corresponding progeny or derivatives (including but not limited to cells) (collectively, the product, and (i) and (ii) are referred to as “Material”) only to perform internal research for the sole benefit of the Purchaser. The Purchaser cannot sell or otherwise transfer Material to a third party or otherwise use the Material for any Excluded Use. “Excluded Use” means any and all: (a) commercial activity including, but not limited to, any use in manufacturing (including but not limited to cell line development for purposes of bioproduction), product testing, or quality control; (b) preclinical or clinical testing or other activity directed toward the submission of data to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or any other regulatory agency in any country or jurisdiction where the active agent in such studies comprises the Material; (c) use to provide a service, information, or data to a third party; (d) use for human or animal therapeutic, diagnostic, or prophylactic purposes or as a product for therapeutics, diagnostics, or prophylaxis; (e) activity in an agricultural field trial or any activity directed toward the submission of data to the U.S. Department of Agriculture or any other agriculture regulatory agency; (f) high throughput screening drug discovery purposes (i.e., the screening of more than 10,000 experiments per day) as well as scale-up production activities for commercialization; (g) modification of human germline, including editing of human embryo genomes (with the sole exception of editing human embryonic stem (ES) cell lines for research purposes) or reproductive cells; (h) self-editing; and/or (i) stimulation of biased inheritance of a particular gene or trait or set of genes or traits (“gene drive”). It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to use the Material in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. For information on obtaining additional rights, including commercial rights, please contact email@example.com or Caribou Biosciences, Inc., 2929 7th Street, Suite 105, Berkeley, CA 94710 USA, Attn: Licensing.